Happy Foot

By Liam

"aaaannnnnnd action" i said trying to project so my voice could cut through the wind and the sounds of the boats, birds and water in the nearby distance while trying to ignore the female chatter behind me. I wasn't in a good mood that morning, it was cold, the shoot started late, 3 of the extras canceled and i was verbally attacked by a one legged woman in a wheelchair after explaining to her i didnt have a dollar.

for this particular project from the beginning i only wanted to be associated with the camera work and steer clear of any artistic direction, the idea was bland and after meeting the main "love interest" i was turned off by her sense of self importance. Shes attractive and knows it, i dont have a problem with that BUT, when you carry a sense of entitlement because of your face it just ruins everything.

we move through the takes at a pretty decent pace considering i was working with a whole group of first timers. jokes were being told, there was tons of laughter but everyone was able to get serious when it was time to do so, great! we get ready to head to a new location i go to grab my jacket only to find one of the extras is sitting on a rail wearing it.

are you cold now? you can come get it if you want it.

oh, i get it, this is flirting or something this is the same girl (i think) who woooo'd when i took my jacket off to begin with (i think the whole gym thing is working out for me yall)

nah im not cold but if u wanna be my coat hanger be my guest.

im setting up my tripod and lenses for the next shot when she gets a call,

hey i cant talk right now im an assistant director at a video shoot

i stop what im doing turn to look at her puzzled and she silently laughs

oh, i dont know what he charges i can ask though, or how about i just forward you his contact info and you two can discuss business later since hes in the middle of something.

she asks for my info i give it to her, cant turn down a potential client right?

[fast forward]

we wrap shooting for the day, im packing up all of my equipment and shes walking towards me to help but shes sort of limping.

if thats your pimp strut you need to go home and practice...

no, these shoes are new and the left one is digging into the top of my foot and it hurts like hell

she removes the heel to show me, i hate feet, but i must confess a pretty woman in a high heel...my God.

She hints to a piggy back ride which i pretend to be oblivious to, i dont know what the hell she expected me to do with my equipment but if i had to choose between her and my camera...well...
we finally make it back to where we parked our cars, we were saying our goodbyes and nice to meet you's when one of the other extras extended her arms saying nah baby i give hugs come here. i smile and do the polite hug, miss happy foot, sees this from across the street...

i guess im not special enough to get a hug

i smile at her, and make my way across the road, i go in for the friendly hug but during our embrace i was finally able to confirm what i suspected the entire day.

ill talk to u soon, [wink]

she stood there for a moment and smiled, hopped in her car and pulled away, as i was headed home i received a text

This is Kade save my number!
Yes ma'am
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?