Baby Walkers

By Liam
I met up with family at a park to give the kids a chance to hang out with each other, and the adults to have some conversation about anything but Christmas gifts. Once I realized that we were sitting there talking and being amazed about some restaurants new menu I decided that, I'm too young to be that old, so I went and played with the kids.

I tossed a Frisbee around played tag, snapped photos, tickled and chased my little nephews around, even though our partial goal was to tire the children out it backfired. I was the only one with drained batteries and conceded to the bench and rejoined the "adult" conversation...which at that time was about diet soda.

we went for a walk on the nearby trail and I was bombarded with jealous kids fighting to walk with me, I looked over at my daughter to see her basically telling me with her eyes that I better shake all of them off and walk with her so I did what any father would do, paid her off. I carried one of my nephews and held the hand of the other while the last one decided he was content to just hold my pant leg as we walked which was cool until he decided to pull my pants down and I had no free hand to stop it. lunatic.


The trail was long and winding until we got to this part which REALLY, REALLY makes me want to get back into photography, for whatever reason I fell in love with the sound of our footsteps on this wooden walkway. Birds could be heard in the distance along with those random sounds in the trees and surrounding brush that made some of the kids a little uneasy. Smiles, jokes a trip and fall, subsequent knee scrapes and few splinters later our walk with nature came to an end and I was ready to get in my bed. Upon our return to the play area of the park I promptly canceled my night out.

I got home and brushed the dust off of my SLR... I think some of my crappy photo's will start to make a signals fade debut.
 

3 comments so far.

  1. Reggie December 19, 2010 at 4:16 PM
    Sounds like you had a helluva day. Those days with our family are the ones we seem to remember as the years go by.

    By the way, when you said you weren't that old and so you went to play with the kids....well, yeah, I'm that old, I woulda stayed behind.
  2. uglyblackjohn December 19, 2010 at 7:51 PM
    All the little kids on my block knock on my back door for me to come out and play basketball or football with them.
    Since I'd taught many of them how to ride their bikes, many now see me as a play pal.
    Most only see their fathers twice a month and one set has a father in prison so they like to horse around without getting yelled at by their grandparents.
    Their mothers and grandparents always bring me dinners when they BBQ or have a fish fry or crawfish boil.
    I was doing okay when I first moved here but these days the kids wear me out
  3. ...they call me "L" December 26, 2010 at 11:46 PM
    That is an amazing photo, hun. Definitely would love to see more...

Something to say?