Random

By Liam

My daughter had her first chorus performance, it was horrible. Not sure what was off, the children, the mics or the speakers.

i watched a motorcycle run into the back of an SUV. These sort of things are normally not funny but this guy tried to stop and did...sorta and as he tapped the back of the vehicle he lost his balance and tried to save the girl that was riding on the back and to summarize the fall, the bike its owner and passenger became property of the ditch.

where is everyone's Christmas spirit? i was a line and the cashier obviously had some physical impairments so he scanned his items a little slower than most. I don't mind being patient within reason so it didn't bother me at all, his attitude was better than any cashier Ive dealt with anywhere in the last decade, that alone is enough for me to not mind the wait. The people in front of me and behind me were really rude to the poor guy but he kept smiling. I dont know if he was just happy to have a job in this economy with his disability or if he was high, or maybe it was all a front. Kudos to him for finding away to get a paycheck and keep a smile on his face while people are being assholes. Bah humbug to the jerks who could have just went to another line if it was that much of an issue.

I need a new book to read, im mostly into books on philosophy. I can normally extract some level of interest out of anything considered informative, suggestions?

its sad what religion can do to otherwise good and smart people. just accept the fact that no matter what you do or say, that guy is going to believe what he wants and you are going to do the exact same.

I know I've brought this up before but I must say it again, Inception was good but overrated.

I sat at a bar the other night and had a pretty lengthy conversation with a complete stranger about things I cannot remember. I need to do that more often.



 

2 comments so far.

  1. Reggie December 19, 2010 at 4:18 PM
    Where's my Christmas spirit?!?

    Bah, humbug!!!
  2. uglyblackjohn December 19, 2010 at 7:57 PM
    Kids performing poorly is what makes it real.
    I like the off notes.

    Books?
    Julian Jaynes - Origins of Consciousness and the breakdown of the Bicamearal Mind
    or anything by George Gurdjieff

    Christmas Spirit?
    It starts with you.
    Go to Walgreens and buy a $10 Charlie Brown Christmas Tree replica.

Something to say?