Today was a good day

By Liam


I spent a lot of time with my niece and nephews, there is something about a chorus of children singing off key and out of tune that tickles me. They sang loudly and asked for requests, i watched them under the tree, sway left to right on the tire swing with their eyes big and taking in the sky arguing amongst them selves about how big it is.

We rode horses, played tag, ate a nice meal, off in the distance a TV was blaring, my football team won. I met some new people, an interesting couple, a single father and his funny looking daughter.

Got a phone call from an old friend out of the blue, we're going to chill later tonight, catch up on a few things, its been a while. Caught a really good deal on a mp3 player for my daughter for Christmas, I feel good. Overall today has been one of the better days I've had in a long time. I'm thankful for it, to my blog buddy Tha L , looks like I finally got a chance to have that day I felt was long over due.


 

3 comments so far.

  1. Reggie December 5, 2010 at 6:21 PM
    Sounds like you had a good day. I had one too. My day was a lot like yours, with the exception that my nieces and nephews were hundreds of miles away from me today.

    I could use a another lazy day.....tomorrow looks like it has some prospects.
  2. Liam December 5, 2010 at 7:43 PM
    yessir, i need more days like today. just to focus on being content with the little things.

    today was mostly a lesson for me, i think im going to try to find ways to be happy with what i have.
  3. uglyblackjohn December 6, 2010 at 5:52 PM
    The best days of my life were always those that seemed to revolve around kids - from being a camp counselor, tutoring kids or just days that end up with me my hanging out with some kids - those days just end up being fun.

Something to say?